||||||||||||||||||||||||| News & Updates |||||||||||||||||||||||||
Thanks for a great season, everyone! We have thoroughly enjoyed serving all your growing needs this year. We will be back in the spring to help you make your gardens bright and beautiful!
Even though the Garden Centre is now officially closed for the season, you can still purchase Gift Certificates in any amount to give your friends and family. Call us for more information: 905-689-6035.
Happy first day of fall! Just because the summer has officially come to an end, it doesn’t mean you have to give up on your gardens just yet!
If you’re fortunate (two parts green thumb, one part luck?), you may still have some flowers blooming – continue to show them off as you begin to transition to fall. If your spring planters are just a distant memory, you can swap them out for some beautiful fall decor. It’s easy to decorate your outdoors for fall – here are some ideas:
- Fall Planters and Mums: Nothing says “fall” quite like the appearance of mums. You can either choose one colour to create a statement colour block, or you can add multiple colours to bring vibrancy to your front walkway. Another option is to choose a fall planter, which may include items like grasses, mums, and perennials. We have both mums and planters available in store now!
- Pumpkins, Corn husks, Burlap, etc.: Create depth and texture in your display with items like pumpkins, gourds, corn husks, berries, birch, tree stumps, pine cones, and burlap.
- Wreath: Wreaths aren’t just for Christmas! A fall wreath on your door is warm and welcoming. There are many tutorials online (check out Pinterest) for creating your own wreath at every skill level using items such as burlap, pine cones, faux leaves and flowers, and you can even personalize it with a wooden letter (i.e. the first letter of your last name). Or you can pick up an already made wreath at your local decor store.
In case you were uncertain, let us assure you that the fall is still a great time to plant. If you put it off over the summer, let the cooler weather encourage you to get outside into your plant beds to update your gardens with flowering shrubs, evergreens, or trees. As growers of nursery stock, we have a full selection of options for you to choose from on site, listed at wholesale prices everyday!
As we mentioned above, mums are now available in store to transition your garden into fall. Choose from many beautiful colours to revive your garden beds or place along your walkways. New stock will be continually added over the next few weeks so come by and check out our selection! We also have a full selection of nursery stock available to help you with your fall planting.
As of July 26th, we will be closed on Sunday for the rest of the 2015 season.
We still have fresh stock arriving weekly: perennials, flowering shrubs, shade trees, evergreens, etc.! Buy direct from us, the growers, for great quality and prices!
Hours as of July 26th:
- Monday-Friday 8am-6pm
- Saturday 8am-5pm
- Sunday CLOSED
- August 3 (Civic Holiday): 8am-4pm
- September 7 (Labour Day): 8am-4pm
Have a safe and happy summer!
Happy Canada Day, everyone! We hope you enjoy the holiday!
Yes, we are open today, from 8am-4pm. Come on by!
Father’s Day is this Sunday, June 21. Why not help dad out with his lawn or gardens this year? Here are a few ideas to give dad a hand:
- Mow the lawn
- Mulch his gardens (mulch suppresses weeds, and it is a great finishing touch!)
- Plant a shade tree so that dad can sit in the shade
- Plant TWO trees so he can put up a hammock!
- Give him a gift certificate to Paterno Nurseries, so he can choose whichever plant he would like!
To all the dads out there (present, future, and those with a father’s heart):
We love you and appreciate you so much, even if we don’t always tell you. Thank you for the many lessons you have taught us throughout life, both intentionally, and by the example you set with your life. Thank you for providing for your family, and the sacrifices you made to put us first. We honour you today!