||||||||||||||||||||||||| News & Updates |||||||||||||||||||||||||
Happy Canada Day, everyone! We hope you enjoy the holiday!
Yes, we are open today, from 8am-4pm. Come on by!
Father’s Day is this Sunday, June 21. Why not help dad out with his lawn or gardens this year? Here are a few ideas to give dad a hand:
- Mow the lawn
- Mulch his gardens (mulch suppresses weeds, and it is a great finishing touch!)
- Plant a shade tree so that dad can sit in the shade
- Plant TWO trees so he can put up a hammock!
- Give him a gift certificate to Paterno Nurseries, so he can choose whichever plant he would like!
To all the dads out there (present, future, and those with a father’s heart):
We love you and appreciate you so much, even if we don’t always tell you. Thank you for the many lessons you have taught us throughout life, both intentionally, and by the example you set with your life. Thank you for providing for your family, and the sacrifices you made to put us first. We honour you today!
It sure feels like summer this week! Can you picture yourself sitting in a lawn chair sipping a lemonade under the shade of a beautiful tree? All our 10 gallon shade trees and ornamental trees are only $73.00!
- Ivory Silk
- Chanticlear Pear
- and more!
Visit out Plant Search tool to find out more about any particular variety, or come on in!
All ROSES are currently 20% off!*
*For a limited time, while quantities last.
We continue our series today about tips to garden with proper form to avoid injury and strain. In addition to proper physical form, you need the RIGHT TOOLS to help you when gardening. Consider the tips below!
Choose tools that are ergonomically designed, with padded handles and spring action. Make sure the size and weight are right for you. And always choose the proper tool for the job.
Here are a few more tips to lighten your load:
- A hose is easier to manage than a watering can
- A good cart, or dolly, makes moving heavier loads a breeze
- A wheelbarrow that is lightweight and has two wheels is a good idea
- Separate a larger load into several small ones
- Select comfortable, thick soled, supportive shoes
- Cover up with a wide-brimmed hat, wear gloves and sunscreen
- Use ergonomically designed, long-handled, lightweight tools